I can already hear some of you asking: “this scale seems pointless, why should I learn it?”
- Many of all the all-time great guitar players use this scale pattern to warm up their fingers and coordination before practice/gigs.
- Since the scale is so easy on your mind, it is great for focusing on speed-bursts or picking techniques: like alternate picking or using a downstroke each time you switch strings.
- For beginners, it is going to help you build muscle memory and make you better at moving between strings.
- There are many other patterns for playing this scale. Try to find them yourself over the guitar neck and it will be a great learning exercise.
- The Chromatic Scale actually has a lot of great practical uses but that would need to be covered in another lesson. Take my word for it, the first four bullet-points I listed should be enough reason to learn it until then.